Thursday, December 1, 2011

Some final pre-ride thoughts.....

How awesome is this? We will trim it down to go on the back window of the support van!


This Sunday I will begin my 419 mile ride across the state of Florida. I am really excited, not really that nervous yet, but REALLY looking forward to getting to Florida and RIDING FOREVER!


I've chosen not to wear music. My best training has been done with just me thinking to myself. Plus I will have an earpiece in to listen to my crew for directions, so I don't want to miss anything. Lately I have been thinking a lot about the fact that I don't know anyone who has ever tried to ride 419 miles without stopping. I wish I knew someone, anyone, really because I have so many questions. Since I don't know anyone, I have already been thinking about all the things that will run through my head. I have said it before and I will say it again. ANYONE can go slow for a long period of time. It's all mental! And I have been training my brain!


"419 Miles is a long way to go"


Nothing easy is worth having. - my BF Scootsie has been telling me this repeatedly for the last 6 years

"My XYZ hurts"


HTFU


EAT THAT PAIN! -Clyde Watts


"It's cold."


There is no such thing as bad weather. Only wimpy people.


" I'm tired. Maybe I should stop and rest."


No quit in this body. No quit in this mind. -Jill Poon


"I've got THAT many miles left?"


Suck it up buttercup- Jason Overbaugh


"This sucks."


You can't fake miles. You've got to earn them. -Coach Shanks


As long as I keep my mind right, plenty of food in my belly, and my stops to a minimum I am going to finish in a respectable amount of time. I will be obeying all traffic laws, which will slow me down some.


Thanks for all the well wishes and positive messages I have received already. You guys are awesome! I will be thinking about all of you and the ways that you inspire and encourage me! Jason will be updating you on my progress via my facebook page.


I want to leave you with the following conversation that I had with my peeps yesterday. They were chalk full of new questions and concerns about my ride. I explained to them that I would be back to work Wednesday.


Me: "Don't expect a lot out of me Wednesday. I might be walking with a limp. And I am probably taking the elevators. Don't laugh"


90 year old: "So you are basically saying that you are going to be like we are everyday?"

5 comments:

  1. WOW! I would wish you good luck, but you don't need it, you've obviously trained your way through the luck part ;). I'll be in Titusville, Fla running 100, so I'm using all those phrases up there in my brain too, thx! I'll be thinking that you're in a lot more pain than me ;)! ha, enjoy it!!! You WILL finish triumphantly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Epic... flat out epic. There are very few things left in this world for which people can say "yeah, nobody else has EVER done THAT!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely cannot wait to crew you through this journey baby! You are going to do great! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah D! Go get it and love it all the way. Peace E

    ReplyDelete